Research, Education and Communications Assistant
The New Brunswick Nurses Union invites applications to fill a permanent, full-time position for an administrative assistant to our Research, Education and Communications Officers. The position is located at NBNU Provincial Office, in Fredericton, NB, with travel expected throughout the province.
Reporting to the Executive Director or designate, the Research, Education and Communications Assistant (“REC Assistant”) will work primarily under the direction of the Research, Education and Communications Officers and act as an administrative and technical resource in their projects, as well as, supporting all NBNU research, policy, education, and communications initiatives and events as assigned.
Post-Secondary Degree/Diploma in a relevant field, such as: public relations, communications, political science, labour studies, health studies, government relations or similar, preferred. Demonstrated social media, communications, government relations, research and presentation experience. The bilingual candidate will have a sound knowledge and experience in technology.
Skills and Abilities:
- Well-developed written, presentation and verbal communication skills in both official languages
- Experience with website development, social media platforms, as well as, current best practices for their use
- Experience with basic principles related to: research, advocacy, surveys and the labour movement
- Experience and knowledge of relevant technologies, including but not limited to: Microsoft Office 365, Sharepoint, WordPress, MailChimp, Canva and Photoshop
- Strong proof-reading, typing, transcription and word processing skills
- Ability to work co-operatively with other members of the NBNU team, members, professional organizations and stake holders by exercising good judgment, and initiative and managing shifting priorities
- Ability to use discretion, maintain strict confidentiality and take direction as required
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Displays tact, maturity, good judgment, self-motivation, empathy and cultural awareness
Salary: Commensurate with experience, qualifications and staff collective agreement.
Applicants are asked to forward their resume in confidence to:
Matt Hiltz, Executive Director
New Brunswick Nurses Union
103 Woodside Lane
Fredericton, NB E3C 0C5
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The deadline for applications is: June 12, 2020