NBNU is hiring: Administrative Assistant
- Do you want to spend your days working with an amazing Team of dedicated and supportive professionals?
- Do you want to work in a unionized, people-focused environment with your own office and ample free parking?
- Do you appreciate very competitive pay and benefits (includes an “office dog” named Leon)?
If you answered “YES” to these questions and you are fluently bilingual, apply today!
The New Brunswick Nurses Union invites applications to fill a temporary (maternity leave), full-time position for an administrative assistant to our Research, Education and Communications Officers. The position is located at NBNU Provincial Office, in Fredericton, NB. The position requires a dedicated professional who is fluent in both of New Brunswick’s official languages.
Reporting to the Executive Director or designate, the Administrative Assistant will work primarily under the direction of the Research, Education and Communications Officers and acts as an administrative support in their projects, as well as, all NBNU initiatives and events as assigned. The successful candidate will be part of the Administrative Assistant team in the office and will share some general office tasks as required and provide backup to Reception.
Experience & Education:
- Certificate or Diploma in Office Administration or Business Administration considered an asset.
- Experience in an administrative role in a fast-paced office environment, considered an asset.
- Sound knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office 365 required.
- Fluently bilingual, spoken and written.
Skills and Abilities:
- Well-developed written, presentation and verbal communication skills in both official languages
- Substantial expertise with industry-standard technologies, including Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint, Outlook, etc.
- Strong proof-reading, typing, transcription and word processing skills in both official languages
- Ability to work co-operatively with other members of the NBNU team, members, professional organizations and stake holders by exercising good judgment, and initiative and managing shifting priorities
- Ability to use discretion, maintain strict confidentiality and take direction as required
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Displays tact, maturity, good judgment, self-motivation, empathy and cultural awareness
- Excellent benefits package provided as per the staff Collective Agreement.
$45,582.16 – $60,551.20 depending on qualifications and experience.
Applicants are asked to forward their resume in confidence to:
Matt Hiltz, Executive Director
New Brunswick Nurses Union
103 Woodside Lane
Fredericton, NB E3C 2R9
Email: [email protected]
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The deadline for applications is November 22, 2023