On January 1, 2013, the Employer and the Union implemented new classifications for registered nurses employed under the Part III contract in hospitals and community care. A validation process placed all of our members in one of four new classifications. Members who disagree with their current placement or believe that there have been changes in their position can now have their classification reviewed.
The new Joint Classification Maintenance Committee will review all requests for reclassifications submitted. Information on how to apply for reclassification, including the steps to take and forms to be filled out are now available on the NBNU website.
The following documents will assist you in the process.
- Request for Review Form – Nurses, PART III, Nurse Managers and Nurse Supervisors
- Newsletter #1 – 2015 – Nurses, PART III, Nurse Managers and Nurse Supervisors
- Nurses, Part III Request for Review Form / JAQ: this is a form you must complete for the committee to process your review which is attached to the job questionnaire analysis (JAQ)
- Nurses Guidelines: will assist you about how to fill out the JAQ properly
- Communique on The Joint Job Evaluation Study: outlines the four new classifications in detail