Labor Relations Officer – twelve (12) month term contract
The New Brunswick Nurses Union invites nurses, lawyers and/or human resources professionals to submit applications to fill a twelve (12) month term contract (full-time) in the position of labour relations officer commencing July 6, 2020.
The successful applicant will provide a full range of labour relations services to the membership, including collective agreement administration, as well as providing assistance and advice to the membership on such issues as pension, benefits, workers’ compensation, and duty to accommodate.
A successful applicant, if a lawyer, will also represent members at arbitrations, as well as before administrative bodies, such as the Nurses Association of New Brunswick.
· Registered Nurse with minimum of five years related experience in New Brunswick
· Broad experience in labour relations with NBNU as a local activist or at provincial level
. Member of the bar in a Canadian jurisdiction
· Demonstrated knowledge of labour law required
· Experience in labour relations is a definite asset
Human Resources Specialist
· 3 to 5 years human resources experience in progressive generalist roles for a unionized workplace
· Completion of a relevant post-secondary education in Business and/or Human Resources Management
· Current Certified Human Resources Professional Designation considered an asset
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, in both official languages preferred
- Demonstrated negotiation/mediation skills
Salary: Commensurate with experience, qualifications and staff collective agreement.
Position is located at NBNU provincial office in Fredericton, NB.
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Applicants are asked to forward their resume in confidence to:
New Brunswick Nurses Union
103 Woodside Lane, Fredericton, NB
The deadline for applications is May 4, 2020