Day of Action
A Day of Action is taking place across Canada on September 17, 2021. Join NBNU on the Day of Action to spread awareness about the nursing shortage and poor working conditions in our province. Please see the list below for details on marches/rallies that are taking place in your area.
LOCALS ORGANIZING MARCHES/RALLIES:
- Tracadie Hospital and Acadian Peninsula Public/Community Mental Health – will march at 4:30 p.m. from Sheila Church parking lot to the Deputy’s office at 4104 rue principale Tracadie
- Moncton area locals – will gather from 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. in front of TD Bank Champlain Mall entrance
- Sussex Health Centre and Kiwanis Nursing Home – will be marching around the Sussex boulevard, beginning at 1 p.m.
- Bathurst Locals (Hospital Part III, Foyer Notre-Dame-De-Lourdes, Public Health, EMP, Villa Chaleur) – will meet at 12 p.m. at the Waterfront Downtown and will walk around the fountain and possibly down Main Street (on the sidewalks, no police escort)
- Saint John Regional Hospital and other Saint John locals – from 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m., the SJRH local and other Saint John locals will host a respectful rally in front of Hon. Dorothy Shephard’s office
- NBNU Provincial office – from 12 p.m. – 1 p.m., NBNU will host a respectful rally on the lawn of the Legislative Assembly in Fredericton.
- Miramichi locals – gathering for a respectful rally from 12 p.m. – 2p.m. in Queen Elizabeth Park (Newcastle Town Square).